One of the best ways to address micronutrient deficiencies and start feeling fantastic is to take charge of your food supply and grow a couple of things at home. Unless you’re buying your veg directly from the grower, most produce sits around long enough for the phytonutrients to disappear or drastically decline (e.g. the ones in broccoli have halved by day five)!
The thing is, you don’t need a whole garden. Just ONE plant will do. If you can flood a small patch of soil with abundant minerals and learn how to maximise plant uptake – that one healthy plant will provide more nutrients than you can poke a stick at.
Come and join Georgia and co-host Kyrstie Barcak of ‘A Fresh legacy’ in the stunning surrounds of the Central Coast hinterland for an inspiring and fun-filled day, that will leave you empowered to get started – or simply improve what’s already there.
Kyrstie was one of the interview highlights of the 2017 What To Eat program, with rave reviews from our graduates (and the longest Q&A time of any speaker, simply due to the overwhelming demand from our audience)! She is a wealth of knowledge and her passion for fresh, nutrient dense food is contagious.
The workshop is designed to teach beginners the basics of a vegetable garden set up and planting for a busy family.
What you’ll learn:
- How to plan and set up a new vegetable garden, or improve an existing one
- Why you should grow from seed (and how to do it successfully)
- How to make your own seed raising soil
- The best garden layout so that it is easy to access and use as part of a busy lifestyle
- Which plants you can grow this Summer
- How to set up and care for a worm farm
- Ways to reduce food waste in your home
What you’ll take away
- Your own personal plan to use to plant your home Summer vegetable garden
- Heirloom seeds of your choice, potted by you on the day
- A workbook to use as a future reference in your own garden
- Lunch and a garden tour is also included
Presenter: Kyrstie Barcak
Kyrstie is the founder of the website A Fresh Legacy, author and creator of the Kitchen Garden Box®. A Fresh Legacy provides a complete vegetable garden installation, set up and coaching program that results in healthy lifestyle changes for her busy customers. Her aim is to help every Australian family to grow at least one fresh food item at home and experience the benefits.
Date: Sunday 1st October 2017
Time: 11am – 3pm
Location: Jilliby, Central Coast (just 1.15 hrs north of Sydney)